Product Feature: Urbanized - Natural Exfoliating Soap (My New Found KP Remedy!)


I love coffee. I love it as it is – no fancy syrup, cream, sugar or anything that will lighten and sweeten my daily dose of liquid gold. My passion for coffee extends beyond my cup of joe – I love coffee scented candles, coffee scrubs and lo – coffee soap.

Urbanized is an eco-friendly, all natural skincare company featuring repurposed products. As of now, the only product they have on sale online is the Natural Exfoliating Soap with coffee grounds.

A little flash back, I was wondering for a while now on what Starbucks does with their used coffee grounds. I am sure they have buckets full of used grounds at the end of the day.  I read somewhere that people can ask for it and it will be given for free (really?). Some people use it as fertilizers or animal feeds (hmm?). Anyway, since I am not that bold to ask for free used grounds, even just for the sake of trying, I just let it go and pushed it at the back of my mind.  When I stumbled upon Urbanized website (thanks to Instagram surfing), I learned that I am not the only one thinking about those coffee grounds! Story is, the founders of this company used to work at Starbucks when they were teenagers. The amount of trash (and grounds) they saw definitely made a lasting impression. This inspired them to build a company that aims to repurpose products, thus reducing waste. Well, I am glad that they started with coffee!


I have honestly never tried a coffee inspired soap. Also, I am not a big fan of exfoliating bars because usually, it doesn’t work. Most exfoliating bars scrubs too gently for me – I want something that would really remove my dead skin and polish skin. I have Keratosis Pilaris on both my arms and scrubbing it is really something that I need to do every single day. I am careful about the soaps and lotions that I use on my skin because one wrong product can cause KP flare up.   

I approached Urbanized to try and test their soap because I am confident that their product will not cause me to scratch and pick on my KP filled arms after using it. The ingredients of the soap are simple – Saponified Olive, Coconut, Canola, Castor Oil, Cocoa Butter, Vanilla extract and ground Coffee. Everything is natural and most importantly – cruelty free.

Armed with my bar of yummy coffee scented soap, I hopped in the shower and scrubbed away. The coffee scent is very welcoming and energizing especially after a long tiring day from work. The bits of coffee grounds are abrasive enough to scrub and soften my skin. I like this soap scrub because I can feel the grounds. This is not the scrub for wimps. If you want gentle baby scrub, this is not for you. Liking the way it exfoliates, I concentrated more on my arms, hoping that it will help my recently flared up KP. After rinsing, I noticed that my skin felt soft to the touch and looks more polished. My skin also did not feel dry even before applying lotion.

I have been using this soap for about a week now and so far, my KP hasn’t flared up yet. I also noticed that my arms look better and smoother. I am thinking that maybe this is my KP remedy? We’ll see. There is nothing about KP on Urbanized's website. It is just something that I have experienced while using their soap.

All in all, I am in love with this soap. It satisfies my coffee addiction and it helps me to manage my skin condition.


No comments:

Post a Comment