Product Feature: Lenus Herb Honey Face Mask and Lenus Eczema Cream





LENUS is a complete skincare line that is all handmade with love and passion by its creator Laura Lisaukas. Made in small batches, all products are carefully and thoughtfully formulated with the best ingredients found in nature including herbs and oils.




Lenus 58 Honey & Herb Face Mask



This amazing mask is made of raw, clean, organic honey that is sourced locally from a family owned bee hive in San Diego.  It is specially formulated for sensitive skin and skin conditions such eczema, rosacea and dermatitis. It has 22 herbs and oils mixed together in luxurious honey which brings up the experience of masking into a whole new level.  



Notable ingredients includes Oregon Grape Root for its anti-bacterial and pore cleansing properties; Turmeric, Chrysanthemum, Ginger, Chamomile, Sweet Orange and Sandalwood which serves as an anti-inflammatory agent (among all other qualities) in this concoction. Honeysuckle is also added as a natural preservative, hence gearing away from adding in toxins which causes skin irritation.  A combination of Kaolin Clay, Diatomaceous Earth and Dead Sea Clay is included for detoxifying, cleansing and purifying.   

Impressions:
This mask has a very thick consistency with suspended bits of herbs and other ingredients visible to the naked eye. The color is a beautiful rich dark golden brown with specks of yellow and black. The scent is clean and sweet.  



To use:
Apply a thin layer if the mask. I suggest using a facial mask spatula or a brush when applying. This mask is made of natural ingredients and even though it is formulated with the best oils and blends, it is still best to keep it clean and away from our natural skin oils – this is just my thought.  Anyway, back to mask, keep it on for about 15 minutes. Then with wet hands, gently massage the face to exfoliate. Now, this is where the magic truly lies (for me at least) because the scent of the mask once it mixes with the water becomes more prominent making this experience very luxurious. I would find myself cupping my whole face with both of my hand and just smelling away the relaxing and calming scent of this golden concoction.

Rinse with warm water after massaging the skin. I, personally, did not really want to rinse my face simply because I was enjoying the scent too much!

Results:
Upon rinsing, my skin feels very clean and fresh. Visually, my skin looks firmer, brighter and refreshed. I did not feel any sting and tightness while I had the mask on as well as after rinsing it. I was very happy with the results that I did not really want to ruin the results by applying a heavy cream-based moisturizer, instead a nourishing light weight oil sufficed.

For more information on Lenus, please visit www.shoplenus.com


Lenus 22 Eczema Cream



This eczema cream is mixture of black cumin seed, castor, borage, primrose and avocado oil. It nourishes the affected skin as well as provides it with long lasting moisture which is essential in controlling eczema, which is known for its dry, itchy and scaly patches.


The cream is thick but applies smoothly on the skin.

Since Lenus utilizes the power of botanical ingredients, it is best to note that caution must be taken when trying this cream. Eczema can flare up easily when in contact with some plant material. So make sure to do a patch test first before slathering this amazing blend on affected areas.



Notable ingredients includes: Lavender, Yarrow, Helichrysum, Myrrh, Cedarwood, Calendula, Carrot Seed, Peru Balsam, Tea Tree, Blue Chamomile, Benzoin and Clove. These blends of oils are for soothing the infected skin. It also work to disinfects and repair the eczema spots.

I suffer from bouts of atopic dermatitis (eczema) every now and then. Patches of red and itchy scales would often show up on my bellybutton, upper thighs and even on my buttocks. Since it is hidden away, I do not usually pay much attention to it visually however, it really does itches a lot. I know how it feels and I know irritating it can get.

To Use: Apply on skin as often as needed.

Results:
I have been using Lenus Eczema Cream on a patch of affected skin on my stomach area. Results are not immediate but I noticed that my eczema does not flare up anymore. The redness is still there but is a little less crazy compared to a few days ago. The cream is also very soothing – it alleviates the itchiness. Now, I know that this product is for eczema but I also tried it on my arms which have keratosis pilaris (those crazy ugly red bumps) because it was flaring up too. I was thinking that maybe it can calm down the redness and control the itchiness which it did – and I am very happy about it!

 For more information on Lenus, please visit www.shoplenus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment