Product Feature: Previse Care



https://www.previsecare.com/shop/


Not all skin type are  the same – the texture, the condition and the color differences goes way beyond what we see. I myself just base my skin needs to what I think I see and feel. I slather moisturizer when it is dry and barely use as much when I fell like it is oily. 

My skin is damaged from neglect – I spent my early years in Manila and now in Los Angeles wherein sun exposure is inevitable. I have developed several discoloration and sun spots on my cheeks as well as reddening of the skin.

Previse Care is a skincare line that offers a customized regimen according to the person’s genetic skin type.  A short quiz can be taken on their website to determine ones’ Fitzpatrick Level type. There are 6 skin type level – each type of course has different needs and prevention that must be addressed. My skin type level is 5. According to Previse, my skin has a high level of naturally occurring melanin (Spot on! I am Filipina) as well as surface oils. It was explained that the products normally used by skin types 5 (and 4) works against our skin. Instead of moisturizing the skin, it actually draws out the moisture leaving the skin dry.

I was suggested to use this specific regimen specially concocted for my skin type. There are three steps – Purify, Nutrify and Defend. I have used these products for three weeks to properly test and see visible results.

Purify
Is a cleanser that is Sulfate-free. It gently removes dead skin cells and excess oil as well as other contaminants from the skin.

This is a gel like cleanser with a very relaxing scent. It does not develop suds but I feel like it really did clean my face. This cleanser is very refreshing to the skin. It also did not leave my skin tight and dry.

Nutrify
This elixir is neither a toner nor a serum. It is oil-free and non astringent as well. It helps hydrate the skin and fights free radicals, waterborne pollutants and additives. 



I am used to using a toner and a serum right after washing my face. At first I thought that this elixir won’t be enough to prep my skin for moisturizer. I was wrong. My skin immediately soaked up this amazing concoction. It did not dry my skin nor left it tight. It doesn’t sting and it was not oily. It has a consistency of water – clear, flowing and pure. Perhaps my only struggle is the scent. Note that Previse does not add any perfume in their product. The scents present are the ingredients – nothing synthetic and harmful. I am not a fan of the scent but I am a big fan of this elixir.

Notable ingredients present in Skintype 4-5 regimen includes: Honey, Rosemary, Wasabi and Tea Tree Oil.

Defend
This is a paraben free pre-sun solution. It can be applied to the skin more than once.  It helps prevent skin damage from the sun. It also protects the skins’ cells, collagen density and elasticity.

Upon applying Nutrify, I immediately applied this moisturizer. The texture of this moisturizer is thin but not runny. It is very lightweight. It is also easily absorbed by the skin and it does not leave the skin oily.

My Personal Results:
I am very happy with this skincare regimen. It is simple but it works. I have a small patch of Keratosis Pilaris on my jaw line that often flares. When I started using this line, the chicken bumps, redness and itchiness disappeared after a week of using it. My skin looked more refreshed and ‘alive’. It is never oily in the midday and it doesn’t feel dry at night.  I also did not develop any pimples or rashes while using Previse. 


For more information in Previse please visit their website at www.previsecare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment