Product Feature: Next Morning Hangover Mask




The beauty world is already inundated with all kinds of masks – masks for hydrating, anti-aging, brightening – there is always a mask for any skincare concern. Now, what about skincare concerns that stems out from what we do on a daily basis? Something that can remedy a haggard looking face after a fun night in the town?



Next Morning is a new sheet mask brand that answers skincare dilemmas brought about by ones current lifestyle. Right now, they have 2 kinds of mask in the market – the Hangover Mask and the Low Carb Diet Sheet Mask.



The Hangover Sheet Mask

Having a drink, especially in the weekends, is something that is normal to most adults. I mean what fun way can we put a dot on our either stressful or sometime even monotonous work week right? Now, all that buzz you get from the drink comes with a hefty price and you won’t know it until you wake up the following morning, half dead and looking like a dried up zombie with a bad headache. Unfortunately, you have to go about your day – maybe take your kids to soccer practice or maybe meet up with your in-laws. You need to look alive. So what do you do? Shower, drink tea and pile on the concealer under your eyes? Nope. That won’t help because you just drank a pool worth of alcohol and your skin is paying for it. You look swollen and at the same time dehydrated. Your wrinkles look a bit more prominent and worse – you have a tiny zit on your chin. Whew! Sound familiar right?]




Alcohol dehydrates the body. It affects our whole body and most specially our skin. Consuming alcohol dries the skin and deprives it from vital vitamins and nutrients. Drinking a lot of water remedies the thirst and improving bodily function but it will not immediately rehydrate the skin. A little but more assistance is needed to spring up the dried-up skin cells.

Next-Morning’s  Hangover Sheet Mask is mask for, as it’s called, skin hangover remedy. It contains these key ingredients: Aloe Vera juice, Ginseng extract, Pentavitin, Rosewater, Vitamin B3 and B5.




I am familiar with most of the ingredients because it is common to most skincare products in the market. Aloe Vera is trusted anti-irritant and moisturizer. Ginseng is jam packed with vitamins and minerals and is known for its de-puffing abilities. Rosewater has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce redness and calm irritated skin, Vitamins B3 works to improve the appearance of wrinkles while Vitamin B5 nourishes and hydrates the epidermis.

Now, what I am not familiar in its roster of ingredients is Pentavitin and I think this brings the success to the entire formula of the mask. Saccharide Isometrate, commonly known as its trademark name, Pentavitin, is a water-binding agent and emollient. It is plant derived and it is 100% safe on the skin.  It sinks in deep into the layers of the skin keeping it moisturized up to 72 hours. Best thing about it is unlike Hyaluronic Acid, Pentavitin cannot be washed away – therefore all those moisturizing components will stay put for sure!





In terms of the packaging, Next Morning masks are packed in a sleek box that houses a test tube like container with a resealable lid. The mask is inside the tube and each pack comes with a nifty plastic tweezers.
I had a bit of a struggle pulling the mask out of the tube even if I used the tweezers – in the end, I just used my long pinky finger nail to pop the mask out.  The sheet mask is thin and fits quite well on my face. I did not notice any scent at all, which I expected since it does not contain any fragrance. I kept the mask on for 20 minutes. It did not leave any sticky or greasy feeling on my skin. It also immediately made my skin look fresher and healthier. I also applied make up after masking and I am glad that it works well under foundation. I have to say that the whole day, I look a lot better – my skin did not fail me.




There was also a lot of serum left in the bottle. With the unique packaging, I can save the excess serum for another day’s use. I honestly think that the formula is not just for hang-over skin relief. If you need an extra hydrating “umph” then this mask could be the answer to it.

Next Morning masks does not contain parabens, sulfates, phthalates or synthetic fragrances. The sheet mask is also 100% biodegradable.

Next Morning is offering a buy 2 get 2 of the same kind of mask to my followers. 
Use code: 2FOR2


No comments:

Post a Comment