Product Feature: Miss De Gaspe Dry Mask


I tried the Miss De Gaspe dry mask that I got from the Beautycon LA event last summer. This sheet mask is the total opposite of the mask that we have all come to love and embrace because it’s dry…bone dry. However, with some science voodoo, it claims to moisturize and impart nutrients (and any other ingredients) to the skin. It uses a technology based on biomimetic lipids delivery system in which the ingredients are woven to the fabric of the mask. Body heat (and massage) activates and melts the ingredients which are slowly absorbed by the skin.


Now, with that smart explanation of what it is, I say – NO. I do not like it nor do I find it to work for me. 



First of all, the fit is small, it barely covered my chin. Width wise, it is ok since the fabric is designed to stretch and hook around the ears. The texture of the sheet mask is soft and not scratchy. I kept the mask on for 15 minutes (as instructed) and massaged my face while I have it on me.




When I removed the mask, I noticed that my skin has a very thin film of moisture but not enough to make it feel that it is hydrated. There is also no immediate improvement to the texture and appearance of  the skin. No brightening or plumping effect either. What I notice is that there are bits of shimmer on my skin similar to those body shimmer lotion. Weird. I am not into shimmers and I do not understand why a mask would impart specks of silvery glitters on the skin – maybe this is the ‘glow’ part of it.



With a price point of $32 EACH, this mask is just too steep for a cheapo like me. It is supposed to be used more that once – 3-5 times at least.  Uhm, my nose was sweating when I had the mask on so should I still put it back on the next day?


Just a thought too: It’s funny how the dry mask is being presented as a better alternative to the wet sheet mask.  Wet masks were described to be unhygienic, gross and too much of a hassle to use. Really? Why? I have been using wet masks for years with zero problems.

In case you are interested, Miss de Gaspe mask is available HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment