23 Years Old Mask Reviews

I recently had a chance to try and test 7 sheet masks courtesy of Cupidrop and 23 Years Old. The terms of being part of this program is to try all 7 masks in 10 days - which I did by using one sheet per day. I was really blown away by the experience. In this 7 day journey, I was able to try different styles of masks as well as discover new favorites.

Here are the masks that I tried:


23 Years Old – Acupair Petit Mask
23 Years Old – Cocktail Velvet Petit Mask
23 Years Old – Inthera Silfiting Petit Mask
23 Years Old – Cocoon Gold Silky Mask
23 Years Old – O2 Moisture Bubble Mask
23 Years Old – Water Pack
23 Years Old – Black Cavidiol Mask

Reviews:

O2 Moisture Bubble Mask



Among all the masks that I received form Cupidrop, this one caught my attention first. It’s the only bulgingly packed mask and from the looks of it, it seems like it’s going to be a lot of fun.

Notable ingredients of this mask are Vitamin Tree Water, Red Hogweed Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen and Aloe Vera Leaf Water. It works to clean the skin while making it look brighter and more hydrated.



To use this mask, as per instruction, fold the top pouch three times. Pop the rolled pouch – I suggest you clasp both of your hands and squeeze – it is easier! Now, knead the bottom part of the mask so that the sheet will absorb the essence. Apply the mask. Tap to activate then wash your face with water.
I felt tingling on my skin while I had the mask on; it was not really that bad compared to other bubble masks that I have tried where it feels itchy on the skin.

After rinsing, my skin looks well hydrated and definitely look brighter. It also feels cleaner and very smooth to the touch.


Cocoon Gold Silky Mask 



This luxurious mask contains Silkworm Cocoon Extract which prevents skin dehydration and complements other ingredients in boosting moisture on to the skin.


It also contains Willow Bark Extract which clears and unclogs pores. The Peppermint oil in this mask provides a slight cooling effect on the skin while using (and even after removing) the mask. It also serves as the formula’s antimicrobial and anti-septic ingredient.


This mask deeply hydrated my skin and I also love the bit of cooling effect. It also gave my skin a beautiful glow.  No complaints. I love it!



Acupair Petit Mask




This mask comes with 2 parts which gives a look that definitely channels Zorro wearing a neck brace.
The upper part of masks works to iron out wrinkles while the second one, the lower sheet, is laden with tiny acupressure bumps which helps in detoxifying the skin while at the same time making the skin look for firm and slim. Yes, firm and slim – anything for my chubby cheeks, sign me up!


What does it have? It has pumpkin fruit extract, magnolia bark extract, camellia sinesis leaf extract and CAFFEINE! Now I guess that is the slimming and tightening ingredient! PPC (Phosphatidylcholine) is the most emphasized ingredient of this mask. I did a bit of research and found out that PPC is often used as a cosmetic injection for body contouring. I suppose that the acupressure bottom mask paired with PPC mimics this process sans the pain of actual needles.


Now, back to the mask. Both upper and lower parts of the mask are drenched in the same essence formula. They are both swimming in the same pack.

Following the instruction on the pack, I applied both parts. I did not have a problem with the upper part as it is just a simple plain sheet mask. However, the bottom part was a bit uncomfortable since it was hooked on both of the ears. The slits were pulling my ears down.

I kept the mask on for 20 minutes. It worked on me two ways: hydration and temporary slimming of the chin/jaw area. I guess the caffeine partnered with PPC works! Perhaps a more consistent use of this mask can provide more long lasting firming/slimming results.



Black Cavidiol Mask




Whoa! The structure of this mask caught me by surprise! Perhaps I am living under a rock but this is the first time I have seen and used a mask without a hole for the lips. At first I thought it was a fluke but nope, it’s really designed this way to both care for the face as well the lips.




This thick tension silk sheet mask contains caviar, propanediol and pearl powder. I kept it on my face for a long time – say about an hour? Yes, that long – because I just find the formula very luxurious with all the visible specks of caviar. After removing, my face looks well relaxed, deeply hydrated – even my lips looks well moisturized!



Cocktail Velvet Petit Mask



Super dense and creamy, this perhaps is the dreamiest mask I’ve tried from the 23Years Old line. 


It contains glutathione which is a very powerful anti-oxidant that brightens the surface of the skin. It also contains niacimide and ginko biloba nut extract.I wore this mask for 40 minutes. It left my skin looking well nourished and more revitalized. It also did a great job in brightening the skin.



Water Pack


I am a bit confused with what this mask is trying to be…I mean, instead of the usual mask shape, this is just a combination of 4 rectangular sheets drenched in a pool of thin, runny essence. The formula of the essence is superb. It has fewer ingredients compared to other sheet masks.

I applied three out of the four sheets, placing one on each cheek and another one on my forehead. I kept it on for 10 minutes. It did not do much difference on my skin, however, I like that it give my skin an extra boost of moisture. This mask works well on sensitive and irritated skin.

On a side note, there’s a lot of essence left in the pouch. I submerged a couple more flat cotton in it to absorb the remaining essence for next day’s use.


Inthera Silfting Petit Mask



This mask features a silfting sheet with a thick gel like serum that is formulated with hyaluronic acid and anemarrhea asphodeloides root extract. Both ingredients work together to plump skin’s texture making it look plumper and the wrinkles less visible.



I have worked with delicate sheet masks in the past, but boy, this is DELICATE. One accidental pull can change the fit of this mask. I kept the mask on for 20 minutes. After removing the mask, there was still a thick layer of serum left on my skin. Patting it down did not work. It was getting tackier as I work it on my skin. I gave up and used a damp face towel to remove the remaining product. For sure my skin drank up all what it needs already.  Results were ok, my skin was a bit plump but honestly, the whole mask design plus extra thick serum did not do much. Also, I am not happy with the serum leaving a tacky after-feel.





All in all, my favorite in this bunch is the Cocktail Velvet Mask and next would be the Black Cavidiol Mask. Both mask delivered what they promised and they both felt very luxurious on the skin. My least favorite is the Inthera Silfting Mask. i just do not see the point of the design since it doesn't really do anything. I also dislike the tacky after-feel of the formula.

Disclaimer: I received all these masks complimentary from cupidrop.com. All opinions are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment